Gain better understanding of user behavior and increase conversions from content marketing.
Use heuristic analysis to assess your content marketing by looking at relevancy, clarity, value, friction, and distraction.
- Friction – Above the fold is too big.
- Clarity – There is no meta description.
- Distraction – Are people seeing our content?
- Value – Why is Ramona the only writer?
- Relevancy – How are blogs categorized?
Use technical analysis to eliminate any potential issues or bugs on your site.
For example, check your Google Analytics Browser & OS report for browser and device performance, and HubSpot to perform a page speed analysis.
Analyze your data in Google Analytics to understand what your most popular pages are, and where any potential leaks are occurring.
Use this behavior data to draw insights for future site optimization.
Record what people are doing with their mouse to establish where more potential for growth exists.
- Heatmaps to see where people click
- Scroll maps to see how low customers scroll
- Session replays to see actual user interactions.
Ask your customers questions in qualitative surveys using tools like Qualaroo or Hotjar.
For example, use on-page questions like, Why are you not subscribing? to understand the motivation behind the behavior.
Use a tool like HubSpot to track survey responses, view poll responses in your contact timeline, and build SMART lists to view real time responses.
You can then create workflows to trigger based on certain poll responses.
Observe how real users interact with your site with user testing.
For example, you can ask them to complete specific or broad tasks, and monitor the completion.