Automate the clean up process for raw leads for sales outreach, improve deliverability of your emails and build your sales pipeline faster.
Create a new spreadsheet in Google Sheets with two worksheets and set column headers in the two worksheets - these will be required when setting up your automation.
- Name one worksheet Raw Data.
- Name the second worksheet Cleaned Data.
- Updated Email Address: Some services call this Normalized Email. This will store any updated email addresses sent by the validation service.
- Result Code: This will store the result of the validation.
- Go to My Apps in the left menu on your Zapier dashboard.
- Click Add Connection.
- Select Google Sheets and authenticate your Google account.
- Select your list validation service, authenticate, and finalize the connection.
- Choose Google Sheets from App.
- Choose New Spreadsheet Row from Trigger Event.
- Select the spreadsheet and worksheet that you created earlier and test your trigger
- Select Verify Email Address - or a specific verification event set up for your chosen service - from Action Event.
- Select the Google account that you connected earlier.
- Under Set up Action, select the column that contains raw email addresses in your spreadsheet.
- Click Continue and Test & Continue.
- Select Google Sheets from app and Create Spreadsheet Row from Action Event.
- Click Continue and select the Google account and the spreadsheet that you are using.
- Select Cleaned Data from Worksheet.
- Use your original spreadsheet as the source for columns that your list validation service doesn’t verify, such as Name, Address or Date of Birth.
- Select the Updated Email Address and Result Code columns in the Cleaned Data worksheet that you set up earlier
- Select columns for any other custom data fields that you have collected from your list validation service.
- Click Continue and then Test & Review.
Check specifically for data in the Updated Email Address and Result Code columns.
- Click Turn on Zap to activate the Zap.
- Give your Zap a friendly name like Raw Leads Email List Validation.
- Enter some values in the Raw Data field in the original Google spreadsheet and wait for a few minutes.
- Check that the Cleaned Data worksheet has been updated with the results of the data you entered.
- Select Zaps from the left menu.
- Click the down arrow beside the Zap that you just created and select Task History from the drop-down menu to review the activity log.