Get started with audience segmentation

Contributors

@andreea-macoveiciuc-content-expert

Business Benefits

Understand the needs of your client groups.

Talk with your team and address questions about your business and segmentation goals.

For example:

• Why am I segmenting my audience?
  • What business needs am I trying to solve?
  • How well do these segments serve that business need?

Use your Google Analytics and CRM data to gain insights as to how your audience segments itself.

For example, do you have a lot of repeat purchasers and one-time purchasers, or people in North America and people in Europe?

Collect big data with Quantcast or use other related tools.

Create an initial segmentation strategy based on three core categories of behavioral, demographic, and psychographic data.

As you start segmenting your audience, you will gain new insights about their segmentation that will lead to a more meaningful strategy over time.

Create segments that are distinct from one another, targetable on first and third-party tools, and connected to customer lifetime value.

For example, implement psychographic surveys or interviews with your clients to further develop your segmentation. Use this information to create targeted copy.

Apply your segments to your emails, paid ads, social media, site, and product.

This will vary depending on your specific business factors, but for example you can send more compelling emails, launch more effective ad campaigns, and run smarter tests.

Adjust your segmentation parameters on a regular basis to ensure your business and marketing decisions are not based on out-of-date, unreliable data.

Test and maintain your segmentation strategy by evolving with your customers, site, product, and industry.

Last edited by @hesh_fekry 2023-11-14T16:05:38Z