Reach your target audience and bring in quality leads to help the business achieve marketing and sales objectives.
- Collect relevant data such as purchase dates, purchase frequency, the value of purchases, frequently purchased product types, and newsletter subscriptions.
- Collect important data accumulated through your sales funnel, such as names, emails, phone numbers, addresses, and birthdates.
- Write down the number of customer segments you want to create and start with three broad categories you want to target.
- Use the total amount of money spent, the number of transactions a customer makes, and the overall value of the order to choose the target customer segment.
- To start building efficiency into the segment’s targeting, take only the top 20% of the buyers in each segment for improved efficiency.
- Review marketing results from your previous Facebook marketing campaigns.
- Use existing results to set goals for the new campaign with the custom audience.
- Write down the goals and a clear marketing strategy to achieve them.
Update your Facebook campaign with basic and advanced identifiers of the audience you want to target.
- Use basic identifiers to include general contact information such as emails and phone numbers from each segment.
- Use advanced identifiers to help you target specific members of your list who use more than just emails, phone numbers.
- Create short, simple, and attention-grabbing advertisements.
- Optimize your ad campaign creative to resonate with your target segment (consider age, location, product preferences, etc).
- Ensure your landing page is easy to use so that the customer doesn’t get agitated and leave.
- Start with three segments to get an idea of how the customized audience system works.
- Keep track of how many leads are coming in from each category and which ad campaign is performing the best.
- Revise and improve the campaign in a timely manner to improve its efficiency.
- Look for potential customers, one-time buyers, lapsed customers, new buyers, or those who have subscribed to the newsletter but have not yet made a purchase.
- Launch another campaign with a broader target audience, more segments, and a different focus to keep improving results.