Drive more qualified leads, and increase conversions and revenue.
You need a free Pinterest Business account to market your ecommerce business and gain access to Pinterest’s analytics and advertising features. You can also convert a pre-existing personal account:
- Click on the chevron icon in the top-right corner of your Pinterest dashboard and select Settings from the drop-down menu.
- Click on Account Settings in the side navigation bar.
- Scroll down to Convert to Business Account and click on Get Started.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to convert your personal account to a business account.
- Once you’re logged in to Pinterest Business, click Confirm Website on your main dashboard to claim your website.
Claiming your website highlights your website’s URL anytime someone pins something from your site or blog, and it also gives you access to analytics that can help you drive more traffic to your site.
Conduct keyword research to identify keywords that relate to your products, services, or brand, and have a high search volume on Pinterest.
Enter broad keywords into Pinterest’s search bar. Suggested longtail keywords will appear below the search bar as you type. These are popular search queries that users have entered that relate to the broad keyword you began with.
To identify the estimated search volume for your keywords, consider using a keyword research tool like SEMrush, Ubersuggest, or the keywords tool on Pinterest’s Ads platform. To find Pinterest’s keyword tool:
- On your Pinterest dashboard, navigate to Business Hub > Ads, and select Create ad from the drop-down menu.
- Select Consideration as your campaign objective.
- Scroll down to the Keywords section to find the keyword tool.
Enter a broad keyword into the search bar to review Pinterest’s related keywords along with the estimated monthly search for each.
Create keyword focused pins and organize them into boards categorized by specific types of products or services you offer, or certain pain points and solutions that relate to your target audience.
Well-organized boards encourage Pinterest users to browse and stay engaged with your content. It also increases the likelihood of people re-pinning something to their own boards, which will help expand your reach and drive more traffic to your site.
Include the high search volume keywords that you identified in the titles and meta descriptions of your boards and pins to increase their visibility and make them more searchable on the platform.
Optimize your pins for mobile by keeping titles and descriptions short, and using overlay text and visually compelling images on your pins to help them stand out.
The desktop version of your pins will allow up to 100 characters for titles and 500 characters for descriptions, but they should stay under 40 characters for titles and under 100 characters for descriptions to avoid pins being cut off on mobile devices.
Adding descriptive overlay text to your pin image that includes a keyword will help your pins stand out on the search results page and encourage more clicks from Pinterest users. You can add overlay text to your images with a graphic design tool like Canva, Crello, or Adobe Illustrator.
Apply for Rich Pins on your website to enable user-generated pins from your web pages and products that pull metadata from your website, so that they are well optimized and help drive more traffic back to your website.
Your existing web visitors and customers can use Rich Pins to bookmark articles or products from your site onto their own Pinterest boards. This can help expand your reach and visibility because Rich Pins will automatically be SEO-optimized for your web visitors.
You can add Rich Pins by:
- Manually adding metadata to the content on your website and using Pinterest’s validator to validate your URL and apply for Rich Pins.
- Using a third-party plugin for your website, such as Yoast SEO or ABG Rich Pins if your website runs on WordPress.
Increase pin frequency, consistency, and engagement to boost click through rates from your pins to your ecommerce store.
Posting frequently and consistently on Pinterest will help you generate engagement with your boards and boost your content in Pinterest’s algorithm to put your pins in front of more users.
For example, a pin that gets 100 re-pins in 7 days will be seen less than a pin that gets 100 re-pins in the first day.
Because you’ve set up your Pinterest Business account and have Rich Pins that display your product information automatically, those re-pins will snowball and generate an increasing amount of traffic to your website to help increase conversions and sales for your products or services.
You can use Pinterest’s ads feature to push your content to the top of users’ Pinterest feeds, or add special shopping features to your pins. The different types of ads Pinterest has include:
- Promoted Pins and Promoted Video Pins: Push a static or video pin to the top of users’ feeds.
- Promoted Carousels: Push a series of two to five images that users can swipe through to the top of their feeds.
- Buyable Pins: Allow users to buy products directly from your pin.
Review your Pinterest Analytics to understand your audience and identify which pins generate the most clicks and traffic to your ecommerce store.
Analyze your Pinterest insights monthly or quarterly to keep track of how content is performing. You can continually optimize your promotion strategy to better target your audience and deliver content that resonates with them and encourages them to purchase your products.
Last edited by @hesh_fekry 2023-11-14T10:55:25Z