Use different targeting methods and criteria to find the right audience for your Facebook Ads.
Go to Redirecting.... Click on the Create Audience button.
- Can be created by choosing a number of criteria such as age, location, gender, interests, or behavior.
- Choose this type of audience if you’re starting out with Facebook advertising.
- Allows you to target your current and previous customers, or users that already visited your website.
- Choose this audience type if you have a list of customers that you can export and upload to the Facebook interface.
- Allows you to target Facebook users that are similar to your customers or website visitors.
- Choose this audience type if you already have custom audiences in place.
- In the Audience Manager page click on the Create Audience button.
- Select Saved audience from the drop-down menu.
- Name your audience. Specify all the targeting criteria in the audience name so that you can easier recognize it in the future, for example, USA |Females |25-34 | Interests: Fashion.
- Under Location choose the country, city, or region that you want to target.
- Under Age choose the age of the users that you want to target.
- Choose the gender that you want to target.
Navigate to the search box under Detailed Targeting and use the Suggestions and Browse features to refine the targeting criteria for your saved audience.
Use the suggestions feature to find the relevant audience:
- In the search box under Detailed targeting start typing the user interest that you want to target, like running.
- Click on the relevant suggestion to add it to your targeting options.
Use the Browse feature to select pre-defined, interest-based, demographic and behavioral criteria.
- In the search box under Detailed Targeting click on Browse to expand the list of criteria to target.
Create a custom audience using your existing customer database to precisely retarget your customers.
- On the Audience Manager page click on the Create Audience button.
- Select Custom audience from the drop-down menu.
- Select Customer list.
- Click on Next.
- Select No. Continue with a list that doesn’t include customer value.
- Click on Next.
- Prepare a .csv file with a list of your customers.
- Click on Upload and select your file with customer data, for example, list of the email addresses.
- Name your audience. For example, All customers.
- Click on Next to complete the process.
- On the Audience, Manager page click on the Create Audience button.
- Select Lookalike audience from the drop-down menu.
- Click on the search box under Select your Lookalike Source and select the desired audience from the dropdown menu.
- Select your audience location.
- Select audience size using the slider; 1% - 10% of the combined population of the selected location.
- Name your audience accordingly. For example, 5% Lookalike - all customers.
- Create audience of different sizes. 1%, 3%, 5%, 10%, and test them against each other.