Sign up to Planable
Planable is a content collaboration platform that streamlines content collaboration processes. This guide will teach you how to set up a foolproof collaboration workflow using Planable’s built-in features.
If you want to explore before creating your own workspace, you can check out the sample workspace.
A workspace is a collaborative place for a brand’s social media activity. They are used to group people, social media accounts, and media assets so everybody has everything organized in one place.
One workspace may be used for a client or brand. If you manage 3 brands, you will need 3 workspaces. This separation is intended to keep things organized and to prevent any potential overlaps between projects.
Invite team members to leave feedback on posts. To leave comments, simply go to the post in question and type your thoughts
Planable is a platform built to streamline team/client collaboration and feedback-sharing. Inviting everyone involved in your social media plans is essential to building that smooth workflow. Make sure you invite:
a. Peer collaborators like designers, content editors, product experts
b. Other departments that can contribute such as Employer Branding, PR, Brand.
c. Other departments to ensure safety like the Legal team
d. Stakeholders and approvers that can leave feedback and give approvals.
Planable has four approval workflows, designed to accommodate as many team structures and dynamics as possible. They can be customized for each workspace you build. Choose the one that reflects your workflow best:
- None. If you don’t need any approval workflow.
- Optional. You have designated approvers, but if the content doesn’t get approved in due time, you can go ahead and publish it regardless.
- Required. Post needs the OK of the designated approver to go live.
- Multiple levels of approval. Teams can customize multiple layers of approval for additional security and transparency. Content automatically flows from one stage to another requesting the approval of each stakeholder at a time. Recommended when people from multiple departments are involved in the process — clients, legal, HR and so on.
Additionally, Planable offers the option to set user permissions in the form of “roles”. These roles are:
- Guest - can only see content and leave comments
- Write - is able to create, edit posts and leave feedback
- Contributor - is able to create, edit, schedule posts and leave feedback
- Approver - only able to approve posts
- Administrators - can schedule and publish posts, as well as invite people and connect pages
- Owner - the person who created the workspace
You can tweak and customize these permissions any way you’d like at any point. A user can also have different permissions for each workspace.
Once the post is created, users can send the post for approval. The designated approver will get a notification in the dedicated tab:
If you don’t want to schedule every post manually after approval, you can enable “auto-scheduling”. If a post has a date and time set, the post will be automatically scheduled after it has been approved by the relevant parties.
Note: Auto-scheduling can be enabled and disabled anytime you want.