Create a social media content workflow in Planable

Business benefits

Publish polished, error-free social media content on a consistent basis.

Planable is a content collaboration platform that streamlines content collaboration processes. This guide will teach you how to set up a foolproof collaboration workflow using Planable’s built-in features.

Select Create a workspace in the Dashboard to create a workspace and follow the wizard to set it up.

If you want to explore before creating your own workspace, you can check out the sample workspace.

A workspace is a collaborative place for a brand’s social media activity. They are used to group people, social media accounts, and media assets so everybody has everything organized in one place.

One workspace may be used for a client or brand. If you manage 3 brands, you will need 3 workspaces. This separation is intended to keep things organized and to prevent any potential overlaps between projects.

Invite team members to leave feedback on posts. To leave comments, simply go to the post in question and type your thoughts

leave feedback

Planable is a platform built to streamline team/client collaboration and feedback-sharing. Inviting everyone involved in your social media plans is essential to building that smooth workflow. Make sure you invite:

a. Peer collaborators like designers, content editors, product experts
b. Other departments that can contribute such as Employer Branding, PR, Brand.
c. Other departments to ensure safety like the Legal team
d. Stakeholders and approvers that can leave feedback and give approvals.

Navigate to the approval settings in the workspace and choose one of 4 approval workflows

approval settings

Planable has four approval workflows, designed to accommodate as many team structures and dynamics as possible. They can be customized for each workspace you build. Choose the one that reflects your workflow best:

1. None. If you don’t need any approval workflow.
  2. Optional. You have designated approvers, but if the content doesn’t get approved in due time, you can go ahead and publish it regardless.
  3. Required. Post needs the OK of the designated approver to go live.
  4. Multiple levels of approval. Teams can customize multiple layers of approval for additional security and transparency. Content automatically flows from one stage to another requesting the approval of each stakeholder at a time. Recommended when people from multiple departments are involved in the process — clients, legal, HR and so on.

Additionally, Planable offers the option to set user permissions in the form of “roles”. These roles are:

• Guest - can only see content and leave comments
  • Write - is able to create, edit posts and leave feedback
  • Contributor - is able to create, edit, schedule posts and leave feedback
  • Approver - only able to approve posts
  • Administrators - can schedule and publish posts, as well as invite people and connect pages
  • Owner - the person who created the workspace

You can tweak and customize these permissions any way you’d like at any point. A user can also have different permissions for each workspace.

Send post for approval

Once the post is created, users can send the post for approval. The designated approver will get a notification in the dedicated tab:

Go in the “Approval Settings” of your workspace and enable Auto-scheduling

If you don’t want to schedule every post manually after approval, you can enable “auto-scheduling”. If a post has a date and time set, the post will be automatically scheduled after it has been approved by the relevant parties.

Note: Auto-scheduling can be enabled and disabled anytime you want.

2 Likes

Hey @miruna

Welcome to the community. This is a great contribution and I am very happy you shared your work with us.

Seems you understood the format and made a specific and actionable playbook for the community. I will quickly format it so it looks/feels the same as the others and attach some tags for you.

Do you mind filling out your bio so the other users have more of an idea of your background and where your expertise is.

Quick question have you completed any of our Courses or Minidegrees?

@miruna

This is great. I formatted and bumped some specific actions to top level of the step to make the playbook more skimmable and actionable. Let me know if all is good?

Not sure if i missed something or lack some understanding. But between step 2 and 3 seems to be a gap.

You jump from selecting a workspace to inviting people to leave feedback.

Can you give me a little bit of context here please?

Hey @miruna Just following up on this.

If you could help me out with the above questions would be fantastic.

I was hoping to share your playbook the next CXL newsletter as I believe this will be useful to a lot of our users, with a link to your profile. Do you mind?

Hi,

First of all, thank you for your feedback and edits!

And to answer your questions:

1. When users first register, there’s an automated flow that guides them through the process of creating a workspace, including all the steps we mentioned. As we wanted to focus on the workflow, we highlighted the most relevant steps. As soon as users create a workspace, they’ll be prompted to invite users to join it, just as we mentioned above. If needed, we can make some slight changes so the transition between sections doesn’t feel so abrupt.

Namely:

To create a workspace, simply select “create a workspace” in the Dashboard. → To create and configure a workspace, simply select “create a workspace” in the Dashboard and follow the next steps.

and:

Invite team members to leave feedback on posts —> Invite team members to collaborate in your workspace

1. Absolutely, we’d love to see the playbook featured in our newsletter!

I’ve also updated my bio to reflect my expertise and background.

Let me know your thoughts!

1 Like

@miruna thank you so much for the updates. Will update that into the playbook.

Watch out for this week’s newsletter.

Do let me know if you have ideas for other playbooks or if you want help with something specific?