Make your success stories compelling on social media.
Choose an existing case study that has resonated with your prospects before.
It should be a case study that has performed well in terms of shares and comments on social media, or which your prospects have mentioned positively during sales conversations. Ensure that this is a case study where you still maintain a good relationship with the person or group of people involved.
Inform the subject(s) that you intend to turn the case study into a video and ask them for any footage or additional images they can send you.
Discuss any updates they would like to share in this video.
Write a script for the video that follows the basic outline of your case study.
- Start the script by situating the subject(s) of your case study. Describe who they are, and the challenges they have faced.
- The middle of your script should demonstrate how your company helped them achieve their goal and overcome their challenges.
- Include at least one quote from the subject(s) of your case study.
Use online software such as Lumen5 to create a new video designed for social media.
If you are using Lumen5, you’ll need to register for an account. Then select New video and paste your script into the Use a script box.
Select the format and the style of your video based on the social media platform you’ll be posting it on.
Edit and change the order of your scenes that Lumen5 have automatically created for the video with text from your script.
- The text from your blog is in the left-hand column. Click on a section of text to create a new scene. To edit text, click on the text box in a scene directly.
- To turn a scene into a quote, click Layouts on the right of the scene. Options will show in a column on the left of your screen. Scroll down to Quote and choose your layout.
- To change the order of scenes, select a scene and use the arrow options above to move it.
Add media by uploading footage and images of the subject(s) of your case study.
Choose footage and images that will quickly communicate the message of your text. For example, if your text says, “I was struggling until I discovered X”, choose footage or an image that shows someone looking frustrated, or the source of frustration (such as a large pile of laundry).
- On the far left, click on Media and then Uploads.
- To add this footage to your scenes, select it and drag it to the relevant scene.
- If necessary, supplement your video with generic footage by searching through Lumen5’s library using keywords relevant to your case study. Click on the filter button on the right of the search bar and tick Videos to only view available videos.
Add music by typing keywords into the search bar or scrolling down to listen to Lumen5’s suggestions.
Your choice of music will communicate the tone of your video. For example, for a video designed for young professionals, you could choose a clean electronic tune with an upbeat energy. Whereas to communicate gravitas, you might select a piano piece.
- In the far left, select Music to search for a track to add to your video.
- Double-click on a track to select it.
Check your video by clicking on Preview and if you’re happy with it, click on Publish.
After a few minutes, your video will automatically download to your computer. You can also share it with others through a link.