Improve SERP rankings and CTRs.
- Open Google Search Console.
- Select a Property Type, Domain or a URL prefix.
- Verify that you own the website by finding out your Google Analytics tracking ID:
- Open your Google Analytics account and on the left sidebar, click on Admin.
- In the middle column, click on Property Settings to see your tracking ID number. Copy the ID.
- Scroll down to Search Console Settings and select the view for which you want to enable Search Console. Click Save to activate GSC.
Alternatively, in Google Analytics, go to the Acquisition report, then under Search Console, click on Set up Search Console data sharing. Choose the GSC console account that you want to link.
Open the Performance tab and click on Search results. In the Queries tab, you will see all keywords that show up in your search results.
Open the Pages tab, select the page you’d like to analyze, then open the Queries tab again, and you will see a list of specific keywords the selected page ranks for. Alternatively, in the performance report, click the New button in the filter bar and select Page. Add the URL of the page that you want to analyze.
You can find this report under Performance, as the third tab under the main graphic. You will see the list of countries that are getting the most clicks, impressions, and CTR on your website.
In the Performance report, go to the Pages tab and click on the filter symbol to apply filters.
Instead of ‘equals’, choose the option ‘smaller than’, and add 1 as the value. You will see only the pages that have a CTR lower than 1%. Repeat steps a and b for queries.
Open the Performance report tab and click on Search results. In the Devices tab, check the metrics for desktop, mobile and tablet.
Click the Average CTR and the Average Position at the top of the main graphic to include those numbers in your report as well. Before exporting, make sure to adjust the number of rows per page, at the bottom of your queries or pages reports. You can find the Export button in the top bar of your GSC dashboard.