Track all required conversions for your ad accounts.
- Sign in to your Google Analytics account, click Admin and navigate to the property you want to link.
- In the Property column, click Google Ads Linking then click + New link group. Select the Google Ads accounts you want to link, then click Continue.
- Turn linking ON for each view in the property in which you want Google Ads data. Click Link accounts.
Enter an account name and country. Enter a descriptive container name (website), and select the type of content, such as Web, AMP, Android, or iOS.
To install Tag Manager, click Workspace and near the top of the window, find your container ID, formatted as GTM-XXXXXX.
Copy and paste the code snippets into your website, as instructed in the Install Tag Manager box.
Create goals & conversions in Google Ads to track conversions like Click to Call, Click to Mail, Form Submission, and Sales.
- In GTM, select Tag, then New. Click Tag Configuration, and choose Google Ads Conversion.
- Sign in to your Google Ads account, click the Tools and Settings menu, and select Measurement: Conversions.
- From the Conversion Actions table that opened, select the name of the conversion that you want to use from the Conversion action column. Expand the tab for Tag setup, to view the tag details.
- Select Use Google Tag Manager. Copy the Conversion ID and Conversion Label.
- In Tag Manager, add the required Conversion ID and Conversion Label values.
- Choose one or more triggers in the Triggering section to specify when the tag should fire.
- Click Save to complete your tag setup.
- Ensure that a conversion linker is enabled, preview the changes, and Publish.
- In GTM, select Tag, then New and in the Tag Configuration window, select Google Analytics: Universal Analytics.
- Sign in to your Google Analytics Account. Go to Admin, and navigate to the desired view.
- In the VIEW column, click Goals.
- Click + NEW GOAL to create a new goal, and choose Custom from the list of options. Click Continue.
- Select the name of the goal & choose the type of goal that you want to use. Click Save.
- In Tag Manager, select Track type & enter the same details as entered in GA.
- Choose one or more triggers in the Triggering section to specify when the tag should fire. Click Save to complete your tag setup.
- Preview the changes, and Publish.
To enable Preview Mode for the current workspace, click Preview. Enter your website URL, then click Start.
The debug console at the bottom of your browser shows detailed information about your tags, including how tags fired and what data is being processed. Use the information in the debug console to find out if tags and triggers fire properly, and what data they pass to their respective services.