@jamaicawinshipgmail-com @andreea-macoveiciuc-content-expert @danielisler1gmail-com
Provide a better viewer experience.
The resize feature on Canva cannot be accessed with a free account.
If you have not yet created a project in Canva:
- Click the Create a Design button at the top right of the homepage.
- In the editor, click Uploads from the toolbar on the left side of the screen.
- Click the Upload Media button, or drag and drop a video file from your computer.
- Click and drag the uploaded file onto your blank canvas.
Type Instagram into the search bar to view all the resize options available for that platform. The main resize options for Instagram will be:
- Instagram Post: 1080 × 1080 px
- Instagram Story: 1080 × 1920 px
- Instagram Reel: 1080 × 1920 px
- IGTV Ad: 1080 x 1920 px
- Instagram Video Ad (Square): 600 x 600 px
- Instagram Video Ad (Landscape): 600 x 315 px
If you select more than one resize option, each new project will automatically open in a new tab.
You can click and drag any element on the canvas to move or resize it.
Canva will auto-save any changes. Titling all of your files with a descriptive name for the design will help you find the project easily if you or another member of your team need to return to it later.
Select the file type you need and click the white Download button in the top right corner of the editor.
Canva will automatically select the suggested MP4 video file type, but you can click on the box if you need to select a different file type.