Pageviews not being collected

Hi guys, I’m struggling with and GA audit here.

It seems that not every page view are sending a hit to GA.

I’m sending two prints from the console, the first shows that when I enter the website there is a page view event in GTM and the hit is collected in GA.

But when I access the second page, besides the same page view event in GTM, GA does not collect this page view (second image).

Do you know why, and how to fix it?

2 Likes

Hey @BrunoLuiAguiar,

Thank you for sharing your question.

@leandro_griboff, @sandeep_bansal and @jalmari_kivinen are resident members and experts who have used GA, so they may be able to help.

Bruno is having trouble getting page views to collect pageviews mentioned in the screenshot. Do you know of an immediate fix for this? Feel free to ask follow-up questions to find the answer.

Thank you for your help,
Tania

2 Likes

@fred.pike

Maybe can lend a hand here if possible as the original author of the GA Audit course?

2 Likes

Hi @BrunoLuiAguiar how did you set up the trigger for the tag? as a custom event for pageView? Is the tag firing once per page or once per event?

3 Likes

Hi @leandro_griboff, thanks for the help.

Well, it wasn’t me that set it up, but as I can see, it is firing because of a custom event.

Because of your question, I checked the GTM and saw that the variable of the GA configuration was “permanent” type, and changed it for GA config. I don’t know if it was it, but it seems that is working (at least the Universal GA).

But checking again, I noticed that when the GTM debug was on, it seems everything works better (checking console while debugging). I realized it because I checked again the console without the GTM debug and saw that a few page views of GA4 wasn’t being collected.

I don’t know if I’m overthinking, but it seems really weird to me… :sweat_smile:

I will check again at afternoon, and keep you posted.

4 Likes

Hey Bruno, Thanks for sending the screenshots. I was paging around the site and it seems like you have it fixed now. I didn’t see any pageviews that weren’t being tracked. Let us know if you’re still having issues!

3 Likes

Great news, let me know once you figure it out if the issue is solved :smiley:

3 Likes

@leandro_griboff and @fred.pike . Thanks for the help. It semms that the problems is solved!

3 Likes

Awesome, glad to hear that!

3 Likes

Awesome. Thank you so much for your help @fred.pike & @leandro_griboff. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@tania This is another candidate for a playbook conversion.

@naomi_kramer, @chad_wyatt what do you think. Is there enough detail in the original question and thread to convert?

Instructions for a title like Fix Pageviews collection errors on GA, or similar?

3 Likes

@hesh_fekry I think this could make quite a good playbook. Esp. with visuals in the steps.

2 Likes

You want to give it a shot? I am sure @BrunoLuiAguiar can help you out with some details if somethings are unclear.

1 Like

I will try and get a draft up by end of tomorrow :+1:

3 Likes

Excellent will create a new post for you @chad_wyatt so its in the right spot.

https://community.cxl.com/t/fix-pageview-collection-errors-on-ga/3084

It would be awesome, guys! Here in the agency I work for, we have a lot of issues fixing page views!

2 Likes