Showcase the key features of your product, build brand awareness, and generate leads or sales.
For example, explaining certain features or increasing sales by x amount.
Define your target audience based on your buyer personas, and identify your biggest selling point to them.
For example, if your buyers are commuting a lot and your product is a mobile app, this could be a strong selling point. For inspiration, look at what your competitors are doing to attract their customers.
Write a script for your video using the classic structure of outlining your customer’s pain point, showing your solution, and reflecting your brand persona in tone.
- Write a sentence that explains a common problem faced by your prospects; outline currently available solutions and point to their flaws.
- Write down 2–3 compelling arguments that show how your product differs from previous solutions and highlight the benefits of using your solution.
- Simplify and de-jargon your script by using a tool like Hemingway Editor.
Create a storyboard for your video, outlining each scene in order - beginning, middle, and end - with the script embedded.
A common approach is:
- Solution with a call to action.
Common ways are:
- Screen capture
- Filming on location or remotely
- Voice over recording
- Outsource some or all of the filming to an agency.
Your editing might require placing footage into a mockup to show it being used. Keep your video under 120 seconds in length if possible.