Data that you own: Emails, website traffic, or addresses.
Data that Facebook owns: Interest-based and on-platform behaviors.
Create a custom audience in your Ad Account through All Tools > Ads Manager > Create Audience > Custom Audience
Data that you own will perform better as you are not relying on Facebook and privacy restrictions to make the decisions for you.
Identify content that has received high user engagement and use that content for your ad campaigns. Consider:
- Is it worth running it to more people as a Video View Campaign?
- Does the content resonate with your core audience?
- Identify audience segments to receive remarketing ads.
Lookalike audiences can be based on your own data or Facebook-based behaviors. They use this data to find other users with similar interests and patterns of behavior.
When creating a Lookalike Audience, don’t create a large list with multiple buyer types as Facebook will struggle to match the right audience. Equally a list too small will not give Facebook enough data to match users. An ideal size would be around 3,000.
You can also include separate lists that are more accurate, for example:
- List of buyers based on amount spent.
- List of buyers based on items purchased.
- List of holiday season buyers to separate from regular buyers.
Last edited by @hesh_fekry 2023-11-14T10:08:43Z