Google Tag Manager not connecting to Meta

Hi all, we’ve been having trouble connecting our Google Tag Manager to Meta through the Partner Integrations on Facebook’s Business Manager.

We’ve tried our best to make sure everything is set up properly on the Google-side, and we’ve tried to talk to a Meta Representative, but it’s still not connecting.

Is anyone else having a similar issue? We appreciate any help :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey @nicholassaxby,

Welcome to the CXL community, happy to have you. Your posts here will help get you answers and provide referenceable steps for others in the future.

Let me connect you with a few members, potential topic experts, from our community and figure this out.

@leandro_griboff, @victoria, @sandeep_bansal - Would you or a colleague you know how to address this GTM to Meta connection issue?

In the meantime Nick, can you provide us a check-list summary of what you’ve done to make sure the connection is working? The context you provide will help our community experts ask the right questions to figure out what you need to do next.

I’ve also linked our Add Facebook Pixel Tag in GTM playbook here in case this provides additional info to help.

Thank you so much,
Tania

Thanks for the welcome, Tania! :slight_smile:

Here’s a checklist summary:

• We have a Google Analytics 4 client component set up
  • We have a Google Analytics 4 Measurement ID set up
  • We’ve created the web container, and the server container in Tag Manager
  • We have a Meta Pixel set up and live
  • We know we have a Google Analytics 4 Measurement ID correct
  • We have a Server tagging server URL
  • We have our triggers selected

Then we get stuck on the step that says “Review and Publish Tags”

We get an error message that says “Publishing Failed. We weren’t able to publish the resources to your Google Tag Manager account. Please try again.”

And that’s where we’re at currently haha

Thank you in advance for any help!

1 Like

Of course, thank you for providing all that context. I’m sure it will help our community members figure out what’s going wrong.

Let’s see what members have to say. I’ll check back on this post and tag other members in case an answer is not found, or more help is needed.

Check back in soon,
Tania