Google Tag Manager not connecting to Meta

Hi all, we’ve been having trouble connecting our Google Tag Manager to Meta through the Partner Integrations on Facebook’s Business Manager.

We’ve tried our best to make sure everything is set up properly on the Google-side, and we’ve tried to talk to a Meta Representative, but it’s still not connecting.

Is anyone else having a similar issue? We appreciate any help :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey @nicholassaxby,

Welcome to the CXL community, happy to have you. Your posts here will help get you answers and provide referenceable steps for others in the future.

Let me connect you with a few members, potential topic experts, from our community and figure this out.

@leandro_griboff, @victoria, @sandeep_bansal - Would you or a colleague you know how to address this GTM to Meta connection issue?

In the meantime Nick, can you provide us a check-list summary of what you’ve done to make sure the connection is working? The context you provide will help our community experts ask the right questions to figure out what you need to do next.

I’ve also linked our Add Facebook Pixel Tag in GTM playbook here in case this provides additional info to help.

Thank you so much,
Tania

Thanks for the welcome, Tania! :slight_smile:

Here’s a checklist summary:

• We have a Google Analytics 4 client component set up
  • We have a Google Analytics 4 Measurement ID set up
  • We’ve created the web container, and the server container in Tag Manager
  • We have a Meta Pixel set up and live
  • We know we have a Google Analytics 4 Measurement ID correct
  • We have a Server tagging server URL
  • We have our triggers selected

Then we get stuck on the step that says “Review and Publish Tags”

We get an error message that says “Publishing Failed. We weren’t able to publish the resources to your Google Tag Manager account. Please try again.”

And that’s where we’re at currently haha

Thank you in advance for any help!

1 Like

Of course, thank you for providing all that context. I’m sure it will help our community members figure out what’s going wrong.

Let’s see what members have to say. I’ll check back on this post and tag other members in case an answer is not found, or more help is needed.

Check back in soon,
Tania

Hey @nicholassaxby – have you had any luck figuring out the issue?

Hey @naomi_kramer, no luck yet! We’ve kept trying but the issue is persisting.

Hey @nicholassaxby,

So sorry to hear! Let’s see if we can get more eyes on this issue.

@alex_birkett, @victoria, @simo_ahava - Would you or a colleague you know how to address this GTM to Meta connection issue? I’ve included Nicholas’ summary below.

Let’s find you some answers. :slight_smile:

Check back soon,
Tania

1 Like

Argh, that must be so frustrating, Nick!

I’m hoping the experts have some suggestions for you, but in the meantime, have the diagnostics in Meta Events Manager brought up anything odd?

Hi @nicholassaxby , I’m sorry for the delay; I lost the email notification.

Is there any chance you can share a record from Meta with the setup process and the error message?

Thanks!

4 Likes

Hey @leandro_griboff,

Welcome back, we’re happy to have you. I’m sure @nicholassaxby will reply as soon as they have the record available. We really appreciate your help.

Will check back!
Tania

2 Likes

Hi @leandro_griboff, thank you!

Here is an image of the issue dialogue box we’ve been getting:

We’re stuck on “Review and Publish Tags” step… Do you have any idea of what it could be? :confused:

@naomi_kramer we just checked the diagnostics tab you shared, thank you for sharing that :slight_smile: We don’t seem to have any major data issues!

2 Likes

Hi @nicholassaxby I believe I found the issue. When choosing the triggers select only “Create a new generic trigger”. It seems that there is some kind of issue when selecting triggers.

1 Like

Hey @leandro_griboff! I just gave it a try but it gave me the same message… I’ll give it another go and let you know if we find anything!

1 Like

Hey guys,

Happy Friday! Thank you for the solution @leandro_griboff. After another go, hope this resolves your issue @nicholassaxby.

Will check back after the weekend to see what you’ve found.

Thank you for being part of our community,
Tania