Plan how to promote your products or services to customers to increase brand awareness and sales.
Common goals include:
- Increased leads per day/month
- The website traffic and unique visitors per month
- Pages per visit
- Engagement on social media
- Clicks on paid advertising
- Marketing qualified leads.
Search for Subreddits and Facebook groups around your industry and ask questions about your target audience’s pain points with current solutions in the market.
For example, if you sell baby diapers, you can search for parent on Reddit to see all the Subreddits around parents and parenting. You can ask, What do you think about ‘brand’ diapers? and take note of the pain points.
Check your competitors’ social media pages, reviews, and websites to see the people that comment on their blog posts and social media pages.
- Pay more attention to those that leave quality comments and record any demographic information shared.
- Concerning reviews, make a list of concerns, objections, issues, and any problem that reviews felt were hindrances as these are pain points of your potential customers.
- Basic demographics
- Business or career
- Pain points
- Where they look for help.
- The platforms they visit.
Set a specific marketing budget that includes both the amount of time and money that you can invest per week or day.
Based on your goals, target audience, and budget, select the channels with easy-to-achieve opportunities.
For example, if one of your goals is increased reach and awareness, you can start getting traffic immediately with Google Ads if you have the budget. If there’s no budget for that, becoming active on your Facebook business page and groups might be an easy-to-achieve opportunity.
Common channels include:
- Search ads
- Display ads
- Social media marketing
- Social media advertising
- Direct sales (trade shows and the likes)
- Direct mail
- YouTube marketing.
Write a set of prioritized actions and tasks to work on each channel - set timelines and dues date for completing these actions and tasks.
For example, if one of your goals is conversion and your channel is conversion optimization on your website, you can have Set up Microsoft Clarity on the website as your task with a date attached to it.
Create a calendar mapping out upcoming social media and blog posts as well as any other content marketing efforts.
- Keep a related list of marketing ideas that need scheduling.
- Share this calendar with your marketing team.
Use marketing & sales analytic tools, such as Google Analytics, to measure results and adjust your marketing strategy for better results periodically.
For example, if you’re pouring effort and money into one channel without positive results, but others produce results, you might scale down the money and time budgeted for that channel and delegate it to the channels producing results.
Last edited by @hesh_fekry 2023-11-14T11:40:16Z