Understand the performance of your Facebook activities to optimize your strategy.
- Go to the Facebook page of your business.
- Click on Insights.
- Scroll down to Your 5 Most Recent Posts and click on See all Posts.
- Check the Reach and Engagement columns to identify the posts with the best performance.
- Hover on the bars in the Reach column to understand the organic and paid reach.
- Use the insights to inform your strategy. For example, boost posts with good organic reach.
- Create posts similar to the ones with high engagement.
- On the Facebook Insights page click on People in the left navigation bar.
- Check the breakdown of your fans by gender and age.
- Check the Country and City columns to understand where your fans come from.
- Check the Language column to understand which language your fans speak.
- Click on Your Followers to view the same demographic data for your followers.
Use this data to inform your strategy. For example, adjust your Facebook campaign targeting based on the findings.
On the Facebook Insights page, click on People in the left navigation bar. Look at the timeline to understand how your likes trend. Identify the peaks in likes and analyze which posts contribute to the peak. Use these insights to optimize strategy, for example, boost a post with a lot of likes to generate additional likes.
On the Facebook Insights page, click on Reach in the left navigation bar. Look at the timeline to understand how your likes trend over time. Identify the peaks in reach and analyze which posts contribute to the peak. Use these insights to boost a post with a high organic reach to generate additional reach.
- Go to Facebook Ads Manager to view the performance data of your Facebook campaigns.
- Click on Customize to add additional metrics to the view.
- Focus on the crucial metrics like, Amount Spent, Results, Cost per results, Purchases, and ROAS, to identify the campaigns with the highest spend and with the best results.
- Click on Ad sets to view the same data on the ad set level.
- Use these insights to optimize your Facebook Ads. Pause ad sets with high cost per results and increase budget of ad sets with a large number of results, and low cost per results.
- Log in to Google Analytics.
- Go to Acquisition > All traffic > Source/medium.
- Find Facebook on the list of traffic sources.
- Check the Goal completions and Goal conversion metric to understand how Facebook traffic contributes to your business goals and compare it with other traffic sources.
- Check the percentage values in the Users column to understand what share of your website visitor come from Facebook.
- Use the insights to understand how important Facebook is your overall marketing strategy. Scale your Instagram efforts if it generates a lot of conversions and a good conversion rate. Reduce budgets if Facebook accounts for a large share of users on the website, but has a low conversion rate.