Spread brand messaging and expand your reach.
Craft target personas and measurable campaign goals - considering factors like reach, conversions, and audience growth - to pair your campaign with the perfect influencer.
When you have established your target market and the number of people you’re trying to reach, you can more easily compare your vision with the real-life audience of influencers. Tools exist to examine the audience demographics, reach, and success rates of these online stars, including:
- Social Blade
Select influencers that align with your brand’s mission. Check for groups of shared followers between creators and narrow down your list to creators with mostly unique audiences.
A good-fit influencer for your campaign:
- Reaches the audience your product or business appeals to.
- Reinforces and aligns with your brand’s mission and image.
- Is within your budget and can work on your schedule.
Recruit more than one influencer, in case some proposals are rejected, and to increase reach. However, partnering with influencers who largely share the same audience wastes money. Tools that check audience overlap include:
- Facebook for Business Audience Overlap Tool
- Alexa Audience Overlap Tool (Amazon).
Pitch your brand partnership using an influencer’s provided business email or talent agency. Clearly outline your product, its features, your timeline, and what you are willing to pay.
Influencers get many solicitations and often do not have time to negotiate pricing or investigate your company on their own. Your offered price should reflect the hard work and follower base of the influencer you are contacting. Neo Reach recommends $2,500 for each post from those with audiences in the millions and $125-$1,250 for those in a more middle tier.
Your initial contact email should:
- Be personal, calling the influencer by their (typo-free) name and demonstrating your familiarity with their content.
- Explain your product and how it would appeal to the influencer’s audience.
- Provide resources demonstrating the credibility of your company and inspiring the influencer to promote it with confidence.
- Detail a timeline, creating urgency for campaigns that need a quick turnaround.
TikTok influencers often re-share and promote their content on other social media platforms. These channels come with follower bases of their own, and stipulating these cross-posts will influence the cost of your partnership. You can also use known analytics about the influence to recommend a specific posting time.
TikTok’s short-form video style offers a myriad of options for campaign types. You can use a TikTok influencer for advertisements involving:
- Product unboxing and reveals
- Brand or product placement within a post
- Product promotion with a discounted coupon code
- Video demonstrations with calls-to-action
- Participation in a brand-related hashtag competition or trend
Measure the overall success of your campaign to decide if influencer relationships are worth keeping.
The impact of your influencer efforts can be seen in:
- Click-throughs on linked brand content.
- Use and popularity of brand hashtags.
- Rate of views, likes, and comments.
- Use of influencer-specific coupon codes.
- Traffic and sales surges following the posting of influencer content.