Quickly align your company on who you're speaking to, who is using your product, and whose problems you're solving.
Disclose upfront that they are imperfect data models, not entirely representative of reality, that can change over time.
Personas can fail for multiple reasons, including:
- Lack of buy-in from internal stakeholders who think they already know the audience.
- Being created in silos by UX and VOC researchers and forced on internal stakeholders.
- Too much irrelevant data in the persona creation process.
- No clear goals or purposes for the persona.
- No intended action plan.
Use broad scope personas if you want information about tone of marketing, categories of content, and acquisition channel strategy.
Use narrow scope personas to drive decisions on UX and UI design, feature focus, and benefits messaging.
Develop visitor personas if you need to define your web architecture, content, design, and messaging.
Develop user personas if you need to refine your user interface, product features, benefits, and support.
- Goal focused personas focus on what the user wants to do with the product.
- Role focused personas define the user’s role and how the product fits into it.
- Engagement personas define user intent, emotional and psychological needs, and background.
- Story personas delineate user needs through quick, coarse, heuristic-based experiences of the marketing or UX team.
Last edited by @hesh_fekry 2023-11-14T10:03:25Z