Create clear marketing messages for your brand and clients to increase conversion rates.
Use A/B split testing, surveys, and heat maps to identify which page elements your visitors are mostly looking at and clicking on.
You can use tools such as Hotjar to learn about the customer and build a better connection. Find what people want to hear, see, and feel first, and address those desires in your message.
Ask yourself these questions:
- What are you selling?
- Why should your customer buy it from you?
- Why should your customer read any further or give you any more attention?
For example, a travel insurance company changed their headline from “You can’t be too careful” to “Our Travel Medical Insurance has provided peace of mind for over 35 years.”
The customer should understand first, then they can believe.
Write a clear and specific headline that forms a complete thought to convey the primary message. What does the customer get? Your headline should address:
- Where am I?
- What can I do here?
- Why should I do it?
- Use a sub-heading to help move the customer to the next action.
- Make your point first in your sentences.
- Use bullet points to emphasize valuable features.
- Add a visual explanation instead of a picture when the picture doesn’t help the value.
Adjust your messaging to be relevant and specific to users by addressing unusual circumstances directly and clearly.
For example, an insurance industry company changed their telemarketing voicemail during COVID-19 and mentioned that the unusual times were the reason for their call, increasing their bookings from one in 121 to one in 65 calls.
Instead of giving multiple options to evaluate at one time, simplify by using layers and sequence.