Reach marketing goals more efficiently.
Decide on a general campaign objective by considering what benefit you want to get out of this influencer marketing campaign.
- Build brand awareness
- Increase sales
- Create brand ambassadors
- Reach a new audience
- Promote a new product launch
- Drive traffic and clicks
- Increase social media following
- Increase email newsletter subscriptions
- Improve search rankings
- Create content
- Leverage micro-influencers’ platforms
- Build brand reputation
Many influencer campaigns have hybrid goals, and many goals rely on each other. For example, you can build brand awareness through content creation, or create brand ambassadors who increase sales.
Define your target persona for the campaign, using information about your current audience in your social media analytics, website demographics, and customer research.
Knowing who your target audience is will help determine what type of influencer to reach out to, what type of content to create, the platform to choose, and other campaign details, like posting times or giveaway prizes. Include:
- Estimated income
- Pain points
- Preferred social media platform
- Preferred research methods.
For example, if your goal is to promote a new natural deodorant through sponsored Instagram content, and your target audience is sporty women between 18 and 35, one of your target influencer profiles may look like this:
- Age: 30.
- Gender: Female.
- Main platform: Instagram.
- Follower count: 100,000+.
- Niche: Fitness.
- Personality: Friendly, doesn’t use explicit language on Instagram, and outdoorsy.
- Strengths: Promotes healthy and sustainable lifestyle, has an engaged audience and creates unique branded images.
Create more than one ideal influencer profile if you are trying to reach more than one target audience or want to avoid duplicate audiences per influencer.
For example, if your objective is to build brand awareness, you might create an influencer ambassador program and have them create Instagram posts with branded hashtags. However, if you want to increase sales, your influencers might instead create a sponsored product review and offer promo codes to their audience. To increase social media engagement, have an influencer take over your account for a day or host a competition.
To determine how the influencers will help you reach your goal, you have to choose which platform to use. Popular platforms and their best uses:
- Instagram: Images, stories, livestreams, and hashtagged content. Best used for increasing brand awareness, creating ambassadors, hosting giveaways, and sharing promotional content.
- YouTube: Video content. Best used for product reviews, how-to videos, increasing brand awareness, and increasing content creation.
- Facebook: Longer text content, articles, and videos. Best used for increasing sales, increasing conversions, driving traffic, and sharing content.
- Twitter: Short-form conversational content with hashtags and easy shareability. Best used for distributing content, increasing brand awareness, promoting products, and reaching new audiences.
- LinkedIn: Networking and B2B communication. Best used for increasing B2B brand awareness, distributing content, increasing conversions, and driving traffic.
- Blogs: Informational blogs and articles. Best used for guest blogs, increasing website traffic, and improving website authority.
Consider the age of your target persona, as different generations tend to find and consume content differently.
Set a campaign timeline based on the campaign type and any limitations, like budget, resources, and when you need results to be coming in.
One option is an always on Instagram campaign that runs continuously. These influencer campaigns offer greater authenticity, stronger relationships with your influencers and their audiences, and the opportunity to improve your messaging over time.
Determine KPIs, key metrics, and tracking methods to measure progress toward your campaign goals and objective.
Key metrics for common goals include:
- Building brand awareness: Engagement rates, shares, social media follower counts, clicks, and audience demographic changes.
- Increasing website traffic: New users, total sessions, total page views, time on site, backlinks, and visits from referrals.
- Increasing sales: Trackable links, unique promo codes, and UTM parameters.
- Increasing social media engagement: Follower counts, reactions, impressions, comments, brand mentions, clicks, and shares.