Run and score a test-level usability survey

Business Benefits

Measure the user’s overall impression of the usability and experience on your assets.

Ask users to rate 10 statements on a scale of 1-5 using the System Usability Scale (SUS) to determine an overall estimate of usability.

This is known as the System Usability Scale (SUS) and consists of these statements:

• I think that I would like to use this system frequently.
  • I found the system unnecessarily complex.
  • I thought the system was easy to use.
  • I think that I would need the support of a technical person to be able to use this system.
  • I found the various functions in this system were well integrated.
  • I thought there was too much inconsistency in this system.
  • I would imagine that most people would learn to use this system very quickly.
  • I found the system very cumbersome to use.
  • I felt very confident using the system.
  • I needed to learn a lot of things before I could get going with this system.

Score the SUS to use as a comparison to other products.

• For odd items, subtract one from the user response. For even-numbered items, subtract the user responses from five. This scales all values from 0 to 4 (with 4 being the most positive response).
  • Add the converted responses for each user and multiply that total by 2.5. This converts the range of possible values from 0 to 100 instead of from 0 to 40.
  • Take your raw SUS score and convert it to a percentile rank relative to 500 other products or several industry benchmarks. If the product you are testing is consumer or productivity software, you can compare your SUS score with 17 other products.

Run the Standardized User Experience Percentile Rank Questionnaire (SUPR-Q) to determine if a website is usable, credible, and visually appealing.

The SUPR-Q has 8 statements, including 1 NPS. The trust statements vary based on whether the site is commerce-oriented.

• The website is easy to use. (usability)
  • It is easy to navigate within the website. (usability)
  • I feel comfortable purchasing from the website. (trust for commerce sites)
  • I feel confident conducting business on the website. (trust for commerce sites)
  • The information on the website is credible. (trust for non-commerce)
  • The information on the website is trustworthy. (trust for non-commerce)
  • How likely are you to recommend this website to a friend or colleague? (loyalty)
  • I will likely return to the website in the future. (loyalty)
  • I find the website to be attractive. (appearance)
  • The website has a clean and simple presentation. (appearance)

Score the SUPR-Q to use it as a comparison to industry benchmarks.

Add up the responses for the first 12 questions. To that total, add one-half of the score of the NPS question. The lowest possible score is a 12, and the maximum score is a 65.

Last edited by @hesh_fekry 2023-11-14T12:05:28Z