QA your landing page

Business Benefits

Fix marketing and technical issues before you start sending traffic to a landing page.

Ask multiple people on your team to check for UX issues on the page - on different browsers and devices.

Give each team member specific guidelines to reduce redundancy and repeat observations of the same thing.

For example, one person can deal with different browsers, one can look over the page for copy mistakes and typos, and another can click on everything that is interactive to validate that it works.

Send test data through your form to ensure that submitted information arrives as expected.

Ensure that the confirmation page has the correct content.

This is particularly important if you’re using a duplicate copy of a previous campaign’s landing page.

Run your landing page through a third-party testing tool such as Unbounce Landing Page Analyzer.

Unbounce Landing Page Analyzer looks at many factors of your page’s performance and makes recommendations for how to optimize it.

Review the page’s social graph to see how it will display if shared.

When someone shares your page on social media platforms, they will render a preview of the page using meta information and images.

If you haven’t set up the social graph tags properly, this can lead to the wrong content being displayed. (Landing page tools can automatically create this for you.)

Last edited by @hesh_fekry 2023-11-14T12:35:25Z

I am sorry, but I disagree strongly with this one. People on your team (or even in your company) are way too close to the project to be able to give objective and realistic feedback. I understand you cannot always run full-blown usability testing, and recruiting users can be hard, but even testing with friends and family is better than work colleagues.

There is so much more that could be added to this playbook. You could use tools like Hotjar or Microsoft Clarity to see how users behave on the page; you could test accessibility, speed, and numerous other factors.

Then, of course, AB testing is the ultimate tool for ensuring the quality of a landing page.