Drive more traffic to your Eventbrite listing to increase ticket sales for your event.
When you create an Eventbrite event, it will be listed publicly on Eventbrite’s search directory, and it will be indexed by search engines. To optimize your listing for the best results:
- Use a primary keyword for your event in its title and the page’s URL.
- Include the name of your event and primary keywords in the event description.
- Add your keywords to the file name of photos before you add them to your event listing.
- Write an original event description that is at least 200 words long and not copied directly from another webpage.
- Add backlinks to your Eventbrite listing from your own website and social media channels
Create an automated email campaign that includes segmented invites and reminders to attend your Eventbrite event.
You can either use Eventbrite’s built-in email features to reach up to 2,000 people per day, or use their platform integrations for Emma or Mailchimp. Design and customize your campaign, automate segmented messages, and schedule them to send after a certain action takes place, such as a guest purchasing a ticket or joining a waitlist for the event.
Alternatively, you can design a promotional campaign directly on another email marketing platform, such as Constant Contact or ConvertKit.
Promote your upcoming event on your social media channels. Add promotional posts into your mix of regular content and collaborate with any cohosts, sponsors, or featured guests of the event to cross-promote across marketing channels.
In order to promote your event, try the following tactics:
- Create new temporary profile images and banners for your social media platforms that promote your upcoming event and highlight the basic details such as the name of the event, when and where it’s taking place, and how to find and purchase tickets to attend.
- Use Eventbrite’s Facebook and Instagram integrations to give your audience the option of purchasing their tickets for your event directly from those platforms.
- Host a giveaway for a few free tickets to expand your reach to your audience’s extended circles.
- Leverage paid ad campaigns on your social channels to boost your organic reach and target specific audiences.
Offer special discounts to incentivize more people to attend your event using Eventbrite’s Discount Code tool.
- Navigate to Manage Page > Invite & Promotions from your Eventbrite event page.
- Click on the Discount Codes tool to customize a discount code.
- Choose the type of discount code you want to use for each one, such as an early-bird, deal of the day, or limited-time offer coupon.
Create a convenient way for your web visitors to register for your Eventbrite event by adding an embedded checkout directly to your website.
Your website must have an SSL certificate to use the Embedded Checkout feature. To add this feature to your website and allow web visitors to register for your Eventbrite event directly from your website:
- Go to Manage Events and select the name of your event.
- Navigate to Marketing > Embedded Checkout.
- Select Button or Embedded to choose whether the checkout will appear in a new window pop-up, or directly on the page.
- Copy and paste the embed code to the code editor for your web page.
Track the progress and conversion rates for each of your promotional channels through Eventbrite reports to measure what strategies are working well.
To access the Analytics report on Eventbrite:
- From your Eventbrite dashboard, navigate to Analyze > Analytics.
- Review the Traffic in this report to see how many page views your event listing has received.
- Review Sales to get the total number of sales for the event so far.
- Analyze Sales Channel to see the total number of sales based on the platform the sale generated from, like Facebook, your business’s website, or directly on the Eventbrite platform.
- Select Attendee to view a heatmap of where your ticket sales’ buyers are located on a map.
Use this information to gauge the success of your promotion strategies and determine which platforms or tactics are contributing to the most sales. Continue optimizing your promotion strategy to keep up with or increase ticket sales.