Increase rapport with your recipients to position your brand as a leader in the industry.
Open Google Analytics, go to Page View, and identify pages with the highest bounce rate to decide where to start your autoresponder sequence.
- Identify the lead magnet that can be best suited to decrease the bounce rate for each page.
- Cross-reference the least performing pages with the email in which they are featured.
- Take note of the types of emails that are performing poorly.
In a document, write down a main theme or story that you want to tell through the autoresponder series.
For example, your storyline could include insights, how-to’s, resources from third parties, and tips and tricks.
Use the four stages of relationship development - value addiction, sticking, rapport, and loyalty - for planning your email sequence.
For each stage, define the type of email (promotional, informational), frequency, and number of emails to send. For example, in the first stage, you can send 5 emails, with one email sent every 2 days, and use your storyline that highlights relevant resources such as articles or tools. In the second stage, you can decrease the frequency to an email every 4 days and ask questions in the emails to build a grounded relationship and pitch a small offer.
Develop an email calendar by dividing emails into weeks, include the goal for each email and the segment who will receive it.
You can map out the wireframe online on platforms like Wireframe.cc, or on a piece of paper.
Build a communication strategy for each stage of the framework and increase message length as relationship and rapport improve.
For example, in the first email stages, your emails might be just 2 paragraphs long with many insights, but in later stages, switch to long-form content with more information value once a relationship has been established.
- Use emotional triggers in early stages to grab their attention, either in the copy or in the headlines.
- Add incentives for users to respond by asking them to reply or sign-up.
Write the copy for each email in a document, and have at least one month of content ready to add to your autoresponder campaigns.
Build rapport with your audience by pitching offers to them and solving complex problems once you understand their pains.
- Highlight in your emails how a paid version of your product solves their main pain points.
- Send a total of 4 emails and slow down the frequency to one email every 4-5 days
Identify recipients with high open rates but no purchase and scan their pain points to find the gap between offer and incentive trigger.
For example, you may discover there are not enough products in your inventory to solve their pains.
Create a segment in your email tool that includes recipients with high open rates and no purchase, to pitch new offers at a higher frequency.
- Add offers starting from their interests and test how users interact with the offer.
- Repeat the cycle until you identify offers that match their needs.