Introduce yourself to your peers to get started

Let’s get to know everyone in the program :coffee:

Your intro will give your fellow learners a good idea of who you are. Keep it 5-10 sentences long.
If you don’t know what to write, here are a few suggestions:

• What country or city are you from? Where do you currently live? (don’t include your address)
  • What are your goals and expectations of this program? :books:
  • Talk about your educational background and your career path up to this point.
  • What are your interests outside of work and career?
6 Likes

Hi, my name is Yash Jain. I am from Nashik, India. I discovered CXL while going through all my subscribed digital marketing-related newsletters. I graduated from Northeastern university with MS in Engineering management and data analytics. I have about 3 years of experience in the field of digital marketing.

I am looking forward to get a job in a US based agency as a digital marketer.

Outside work, I am interested in video games, reading and playing table tennis.

3 Likes

Hello, I’m Bruno, I’m 30 years old. I’m from Florianópolis/Brazil.

I’m looking forward to getting an CRO role in and US based company.

I have a bachelor degree in Business Management, in one of Brazil’s federal university.

I enjoy being in nature, weightlifting and get along with my friends.

4 Likes

Hey @tania thank you for getting this rolling.

I am Hesh, head of product @ CXL and I started the playbook project and workingtogether with @tania in the community.

I am here to help you all with resources and to learn from you about your experiences in this program and the CXL eco system as a whole. If anyone wants a chat or has any questions. Please do not hesitate.

My background is in architecture and I have been working in product for about 6 years now. Outside of work I love playing football, producing techno music and I have a healthy COD addiction.

welcome @yashmjain @BrunoLuiAguiar

2 Likes

Hey @yashmjain & @BrunoLuiAguiar,

Thank you for your great introductions, welcome. We’re happy to have you.

As @hesh_fekry described, we’re here to help support and learn from your experience. Playbooks just for you, answering any questions you have and more. For now, let me also introduce myself.

I’m Tania, Community Manager here at CXL. I’m here to connect members with one another and our team, building meaningful experiences along the way.

My background is marketing turned community management before the concept was fully understood, and I love it. Outside of work, I love anime, video games and volunteer at local animal rescues.

Pleasure is mine. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It looks like this community isn’t active yet. Or am I missing something?

3 Likes

Hello, I’m OgheneKobiruo, you can call me Kobi.

I’m from Nigeria.

I discovered this talent program when I was going through one of the newsletters I received from CXL this month.

I’m looking forward to expand my knowledge of content marketing into the technical aspects and the other exciting chapters in the course.

I have a diploma from Digital Marketing Skills Institute in Nigeria.

I enjoy listening to songs, reading thought leadership pieces, allowing my mind to wander and going for long strolls.

I’ve got a question, can I send a private message @hesh_fekry @tania

4 Likes

Welcome @jadetola, great question.

Talent members like yourself have been requesting a way to talk to each other, see answers to other member questions, and get resources in one space. This is our answer. :slight_smile: We are just starting to invite folks to this experience, have many playbooks for you to explore, and will be sharing more new resources to support your journey.

If you have any specific questions, you can ask anytime here:

Talent-only resources will always be in the Talent Program section. If you have specific tips that would help you, please let us know in our current poll.

Welcome to the community Kobi, we’re happy to have you. Beautiful intro for everyone here.

For any questions you wish to have answered privately, you can message myself, @hesh_fekry or @alejandra anytime. Expect answers within 24-48 hours max, though we always try to reply as soon as we can.

3 Likes

Hey @jadetola

There are also the marketing playbooks. Where you can find thousands of resources to help in your day to day, and experts ready to step in when you have a question. Check them out and see if they can help with anything you need.

Just like @BrunoLuiAguiar :heart: here:

Let me and tania know if you want specific playbooks to help you out.

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi everyone. My name’s Marcus and I’m from Philadelphia, in the USA. I’m a freelance conversion copywriter who gets work entirely from Upwork right now. I’m in the CXL talent program taking the conversion optimization minidegree so that I can expand my skills and find more gainful work opportunities. I’ve been a fan of CXL for a long time, so I’m super excited to have been given this opportunity.

5 Likes

Hello, my name is Bruno Moacyr and I’m from Rio, Brazil. I currently live in the same city.
I aim to work with digital analytics or CRO in a based company role. I graduated in International Relations and I’ve been working on digital marketing, mostly with paid ads, digital strategy, and digital analytics.
I finished the CXL CRO mini-degree program in February-22 and now I’m studying Digital Analytics mini-degree.
Besides work, I love to be with my daughter, read books, and swim.

4 Likes

Hey @marcusfordcopy & @Bruno_Moacyr,

Welcome, we’re glad you’re here.

Marcus, that’s awesome. Glad our program is helping you expand your expertise. Is there a specific gainful role or level you hope to reach? We’d love to know, so we can provide supplemental resources to support that goal.

Bruno, International Relations seems like a great boon to your work. Between our CRO and our Digital Analytics minidegree, what has been the most interesting concept you’ve been introduced to so far? We love hearing about member experiences.

2 Likes

People have asked me to work on SaaS projects a couple of times, but I don’t know much about how to execute that type of work, or how to learn it. CXL is deploying a lot of ecommerce courses right now, and it would be nice if they could do the same for SaaS someday. I suppose the closest thing CXL has right now are the courses on product marketing.

I know it’s a lot harder to teach SaaS, but hopefully it’s not impossible. Forget the Funnel does it, so maybe CXL could partner with them. I also know Samar Owais is creating a SaaS email course now, so maybe you could collaborate with her too.

3 Likes

We pride ourselves in providing up-to-date marketing courses from the top 1% of marketers. If possible, we create it. Especially if there’s demand for it. Something I’d keep in mind in future polls we run for resources you need most.

Edit: Regarding SaaS courses, I believe we do provide coverage for it in our eComm minidegree. Our Head of Product can tell you more.

Appreciate the shout out to Funnel and Samar Owais as well. If anything else comes to mind, we are all ears.

2 Likes

@marcusfordcopy

Indeed we are currently releasing an Ecommerce focused Minidegree. However, a lot of our other courses cover SaaS. have a look at here

1 Like

:wave:t3: hi there, i’m hephzibah and i’m nigerian :nigeria:. i’m into growth marketing and CRO.

it feels good to be here👨🏽‍🍳

4 Likes

Hi @hephziibah,

Great to have you here. If you have specific topics you’d like to learn more about in addition to your courses, please let me know. I’ll be happy to help.

3 Likes

Hey all - Sam from the US here, nice meeting everyone!

• Have been living in beautiful BKK for the past 2 years, before that was in Hong Kong; in Asia for the long haul!
  • I’ve been using CXL as a learning platform for awhile, feel it’s the best out there in terms of practical marketing skills, hope to learn more about the nitty-gritty of tools & techniques
  • Business background with an MBA from the UK, mostly working in finance and consulting, but recently transitioned to B2C tech in a CRM role. Target in the next couple years is a PMM role in B2B SaaS, looking to deepen my skills in the in-between, find a role role that would ladder that direction.
  • My personal life revolves around weightlifting, drinking & EDM, reading Murakami, and watching John Carpenter movies.

Cheers!

4 Likes

Hey @samuel_george,

Happy to have you. Love hearing about your journey. BKK is a beautiful place, I have friends from there. I’ve also always wanted to visit Hong Kong - what was it like living there? :slight_smile:

You also mentioned hoping to learn more about the nitty-gritty of tools and techniques: Are there any you would like coverage for? Let us know.

Cheers!
Tania

2 Likes