Interview Preparation

Hello CXL Team,

I hope things have been awesome!

Need a help in for interview preparation. Could you please add questions and answers asked in real interview, if you could add, it would be great help to people preparing for an interview like me.

I am preparing for Facebook Ads & Google Ads interview, I want to know basics and other topics like

Facebook Ads Basics, Budget Allocation Related to E-Commerce & the below topics

Retargeting ads
KPI’s -
Target Audience
Pixels
Conversion & Catalogue Ads
Funnels
Custom audience & Lookalike Audience

Google Ads & Budget Allocation.

and other topics related to SEO, Google Analytics, Social Media, Paid Media etc., also helps a lot

I hope that I could get some kind of help.

Thank you,
Karthik

Last edited by @tania 2022-11-08T15:10:39Z

2 Likes

Hi Karthik,

Welcome, and congrats on your first post. :slight_smile:

This is something I’m personally writing with our expert writers. :confetti_ball: We hope to share this new playbook sometime next week.

The topics you’ve listed are very specific, and we definitely have playbooks that can help. Let me take a moment to find them for you. Tagging @hesh_fekry here, in case he has any specific follow-up questions.

We’d love to learn how your interview goes too, feel free to post about it here when it happens.

Have a great weekend,
Tania

1 Like

@tania @jobsforkarthikan

We definitely have a whole load of resources around these topics, let us prepare an answer and get back to you?

When is your interview?

Hi @jobsforkarthikan,

Thank you for waiting :slight_smile: Here are several options we know will help.

You can take these 2 courses from our latest Ecommerce minidegree to sharpen up on nearly all the topics you need help with:

In 2 hours, you’d have everything you need to be ready with strategies and examples in your interview.

You can also read these blogs to get some case studies and examples in mind when you have extended discussions with potential employers.

Learn how to execute on specific tasks by skimming these playbooks in case potential employers ask if you know how to do X or Y. If you get stuck later, we will always be here to help you.

Step-by-step playbooks for you:

After going through the resources we’ve hand-selected to give you a strong start, let us know what you think or questions you have by commenting here anytime. We’re always here to help :slight_smile:

Good luck, and let us know how your interview goes.

2 Likes

Hello Tania,

I hope you are doing well.

Thank you so much for all the inputs and links. I really appreciate your time and thank you very much to the CXL team for taking this up. I have gone through the Facebook Ads for eCommerce and Google Ads for eCommerce, and both the courses are really good. I will also go through the other links.

Below I have attached a word file of the first round of interview questions for Facebook, I have put the answers which I gave, and I kindly request the CXL team to put this up with the experts. I want to know about my answers are correct or not, and want to get their valuable feedback on the same. Preferably their kind of answers to the questions, so, if I lack anything I can improve. It would be very helpful for me.

Thank you,
Karthik

(Attachment Facebook Ads Interview.docx is missing)

2 Likes

Hello Hesh,
@hesh_fekry

Thank you for your response. The first round of interviews is over and it was through a google form with a case study. I had two interviews with two different companies.

Below I have attached a word file of the interview questions for Facebook Ads, I have put the answers which I gave. I want to know about my answers are correct or not, and want to get your valuable feedback on the same. Preferably your kind of answers to the questions, so, if I lack anything I can improve. It would be very helpful for me. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thank you,
Karthik

1 Like

(Attachment Facebook Ads Interview.docx is missing)

2 Likes

Hey @jobsforkarthikan,

If you wanted to send a doc to look over, you can try uploading it to Drive and sending the message to me directly. That way I can have our team look over the interview questions along with your answers.

Thank you so much,
Tania

Hello Tania,

Thank you so much, here is the Google drive link (removed for privacy)

Thank you,
Karthik

1 Like

Thank you Karthik :slight_smile:

I removed the Google drive link for privacy reasons in the meantime. I’ll get back to you soon with our team answers and review.

Talk soon,
Tania

Thank you so much, Tania. I really appreciate it.

Regards,
Karthik

1 Like

Hello Tania,

I hope you are doing good.

I wanted to check if there is any update on the interview questions.

Regards,
Karthik

2 Likes

Hey Karthik,

I took a look and I think it looks good, but will have direct answers from one of our experts tomorrow. Please look forward to it then. I’ll be sure to tag you. :slight_smile:

Thank you so much,
Tania

Hi @jobsforkarthikan and @tania

@ognjen_boskovic , our head of growth already had a look for you and answered here 9d ago.

:sweat_smile: I believe as your private answers where shared the discussion moved to DM and maybe you missed the answer/notifications? apologies about that.

@jobsforkarthikan let me know if this is all good or if you need more help

1 Like

Hello Tania,

I need some help in regard to the Digital Marketing interview. I have some specific questions, to which I need answers, as I am finding them difficult to get as I am from a Finance background. It would be a great help for me if I get help from the CXL community. I have a list of questions -

What Is The Importance Of Digital marketing?
How To Identify Your Target Audience?
How To Customize And Develop A Marketing Strategy?
What Are The Key Elements Of An Effective Marketing Plan?
Why Digital Marketing is Essential to Brand Building?
What is Media Planning?
What are the various ways to market your product digitally?
How important is it to be on online platforms for a brand to get recognition?
How does an online conversion differ from converting a customer offline & which is more efficient?
How important is it for companies to adapt with the ever-changing market?
What do you think are the biggest mistakes for newly established companies who run their initial marketing campaigns?
What is the importance of having a digital presence for a small-scale business?
How important is it to understand the target market before running online advertisements?
What are the digital marketing tools one should adopt?
How has digital marketing become relevant?
How are digital platforms important in a business?
What are Google Ads?
What’s The Difference Between Organic Rankings And Google Ads?
What Are The Rules For Facebook Ads - Do’s & Don’ts?
What Is A Facebook Ad Headline And Body Text?
Why are bigger brands successful in creating great digital campaigns?
Why is A/B testing a marketing campaign important?
How should companies leverage different Social Media platforms for Marketing?

Regards,
Karthik

1 Like

Hello Tania,

How to comment on this blog post? I am unable to do as it asks for login, if I log in, it takes me to the dashboard.
Can I get current updates on these blog posts, as the algorithm and so many changes have taken place?

https://cxl.com/blog/customer-segments-facebook-ads/ CXL (last updated on March 2021)

https://cxl.com/blog/facebook-vs-adwords-optimization/ (last updated on March 2021)

Thank you
Karthik A N

2 Likes

Hello Tania,

Not able to register. Getting this message no upcoming sessions. Could you please help? By sharing the link for registration.

Regards,
Karthik

Hi @jobsforkarthikan I am not quite sure what you are trying to sign up to.

Can you please paste a url and screenshot here?

Hey @jobsforkarthikan,

It seems you were trying to signup for the workshop event, hosted by folks at Adore and Speero.

Wanted to let you know the Miro board used in the workshop will be shared. No recordings or slides are being shared after the event.

Hosts of the event will also happily share Calendly links in case anyone wants to talk to them about the workshop.

Once I have these links, I’ll be sure to send them your way. :slight_smile:

Hello Tania,

I’m checking courses on Paid advertising (PPC, Google Ads, SEM), Facebook Ads, & SEO. Could you please provide me with the updated courses and playbook links? It would be great if I could get any updates.

Thank you,

Karthik

1 Like