Improve the quality of your Google Analytics data.
- Look for traffic sources with bounce rate as 100% and Avg. Session Duration is 0.
- Usually, spam websites contain words like traffic, SEO, bots, or other words that stand out of the norm.
- Note down these URLs for the next step
- Navigate to the Admin section.
- Click All Filters.
- Click ADD FILTER.
- The Filter Name should be descriptive, for example, ‘Spam Traffic Filter’.
- Select Custom, Exclude, and then Campaign Source from the Filter field dropdown.
- Enter the URLs from your original list to the Filter Pattern section.
- Select the GA views, you’d like to apply this to and click Add.
- Press the Save button.