Analyze and share findings to identify performance improvements.
The menu is only visible if you’re logged in to your companys’ LinkedIn account.
- Visitors: Job titles and the device used to view the page.
- Updates: Follower engagement for both organic and paid activities.
- Followers: New followers and the time period in which they joined.
- Employee Advocacy: Employee content on LinkedIn and how their followers interact with their shared posts.
Each category has different types of metrics you can access. The Updates tab allows you to view data such as the number of shares, comments, clicks, and impressions. The Visitors tab allows you to see the number of followers and non-followers viewing your page. Explore these options to determine which category offers the most valuable data for your goals.
This will be downloaded as an Excel sheet. Once fully downloaded, open the Excel sheet to view the data. This data can be shared internally with your team or sent directly to senior leaders.
If you run paid campaigns, you can export additional metrics through the LinkedIn Campaign Manager, including:
- Performance metrics.
- Delivery metrics.
- Engagement metrics.
- Sponsored messaging metrics.
- Conversions and leads metrics.
- Video metrics.
- Budget and bid metrics.
- Job applicants metrics.
LinkedIn offers more in-depth data such as CPM, conversions, and leads within each of these metric types.
In addition to the different metrics you can export, you also have access to LinkedIn reports. These reports constitute an exportable view of the metrics you select:
- Performance report: View basic performance metrics.
- Audience network performance report: Compare the performance of ads amongst audiences.
- Demographics report: View the demographic information of those viewing your ads.
- Conversion performance report: Compare the types of conversions you receive on your ads.
- Leads report: View data gathered from Lead Generation Forms set up at the beginning of the campaign.
- Conversation and CTA performance: View the number of clicks for each CTA within your ads.
To export these reports and campaign data, sign in to your campaign manager and select the campaigns or ads you wish to view. Verify the timeline you wish to see data. Click Export. Select the report type and the timeline breakdown. Finally, confirm the export. This will download the report to your computer as an Excel sheet.
If your company is running a recruitment campaign, the Employee Advocacy data can help determine how effective employee recruitment efforts are and the types of engagements received on posts. This information can help determine whether employee advocacy is a valuable recruitment strategy.
If, however, your company wants to increase followers, the Followers data can display information such as the current roles of people most interested in your company or the type of account activity that results in new followers. This data can help your business adapt its marketing strategies to appeal to potential followers.
Use all the data available to capture a holistic view of your account, or look at the engagement metrics of a single post. Depending on what your objective is, a more granular analysis can help identify areas that need improvement.
Last edited by @hesh_fekry 2023-11-14T11:45:43Z