@jamaicawinshipgmail-com @andreea-macoveiciuc-content-expert @danielisler1gmail-com
Improve your video’s viewability and engagement.
Launch the Photos App included on your iPhone and open the video you want to edit. Tap on the Edit button in the top right corner of your screen.
Most of the editing functions detailed below are accessible from this editing screen.
Trim the length of your video using the video timeline along the bottom of your screen to ensure that your video starts quickly, and you don’t lose your audience’s attention.
On the video’s timeline, use the left arrow to change the start point and the right arrow to change the endpoint. Review your edits using the Play button. When you are finished editing your video, select Done > Save Video to overwrite your original file or Done > Save Video as New Clip to retain the original file and create a new video that includes your edits.
To rotate the video, tap the Crop/Rotate icon at the bottom of the screen next to the Done button, and tap the Rotate 90° icon - which looks like a small square with an arrow at the top - until your video is in the correct orientation. Tap Done*.*
To crop the video, tap the Crop/Rotate icon at the bottom of the screen next to the Done button, and drag the corners of the white box around your video until you have captured the section you want. Tap Done.
To apply and remove filters, tap the Filters icon at the bottom of the screen, which looks like three small circles overlapping.
Select a filter from the scroll bar, or choose Original to remove filters. Selecting a filter will display a preview of your filtered video. Tap Done to save your selection.
To alter exposure, contrast, and other image attributes, tap the Adjustments icon at the bottom of the screen, which looks like a circle surrounded by dots.
Scroll through the image adjustments options, changing your video’s appearance with the slider as you go. Tap Done to save your adjustments.
To merge multiple videos into one, download iMovie from the App Store.
- Launch iMovie to see the Projects screen.
- To start a new project, tap + > Movie.
- Select the videos you want to merge from your albums, more can be added later. From this screen, you can also grab the edges of videos to trim clips.
- Once your clips are selected, tap Create Movie. Your clips will appear on the timeline in the order you selected them.
- Tap each clip to select it, then use the highlighted clip frame to trim your clips further.
- To reorder, touch and hold a clip. Drag and drop the clip to place it in the correct position in the video timeline.
- Tap Done to save your video and return to the preview screen.
Press Play to review your video, or the **Share icon at the bottom of the screen to export it to your Photos app.
Last edited by @hesh_fekry 2023-11-14T12:20:34Z