Create brand awareness and drive organic traffic to your website
Research relevant topics for your Pins using Pinterest Trends.
Record the automated search suggestions to narrow down to popular topics on which you can create Pins.
Focus on topics that add value to your customers’ lives rather than direct promotion. For example, if you’re selling car insurance, record Pin topics like how to wash a car yourself or how to prepare for a road trip.
Recurrent designs imply that your competitors are getting good results with it, so prioritize these.
Some design considerations include:
- Create a consistent style across all your pins.
- Limit yourself to one or two fonts.
- Choose an image with a strong subject. Avoid anything too busy.
- Limit your colour palette and favour brand colours.
- Including people’s faces as they tend to draw more attention.
- Ensure it is readable even when displayed as a thumbnail.
When including copy, remember that the best headlines:
- Reveal a benefit
- Are specific
- Include keywords
- Include a number
- Provide a solution.
Create images that are 1000x1500 pixels in size (2:3 ratio) to make them mobile-screen friendly. Add alt text when you post the Pins on Pinterest to ensure that people using screen readers can enjoy them.
Design 5-10 Pins per blog post and vary the blueprints with different titles, pictures, and color schemes.
Pinterest reads the title and the text on the Pin and assigns ranks in search results accordingly.