Stop tracking website data and permanently delete your account data.
- If you added the Google Analytics tracking code as per these instructions, remove the code from the <head> section of every page on your website.
- If the code was deployed by a web developer, ask them to remove the code.
- If you deployed the code using Google Tag Manager:
- Log in to Google Tag Manager.
- Click on Tags.
- Check the box next to every Google Analytics tag you use.
- Click on the Trash bin icon.
- Click on Submit.
- Add the new version name for example, Google Analytics tags removed and click on Publish.
Your account data will be deleted permanently within 35 days.
- Log in to Google Analytics.
- Click on Admin.
- In the Account column, click on Trash can.
- Click on Restore.