Define your social media goals

Business Benefits

Improve your social media efforts and integrate them into your larger marketing strategy.

Broadly define the reason your business is or will be active on social media. Relate it to your larger marketing strategy.

Review your current social media efforts to understand how they fit into your broad definition.

Define and assess the amount of time and resources allotted to your social media strategy.

Define which social media platforms you want to use based on which best reach your audience.

Set a specific timeline by which you want to achieve a tangible improvement in your social media efforts.

Identify specific KPIs that are directly related to your broad reason to be on social media.

Define the percentage increase you want to achieve by your defined timeline for each KPI.

Create broad social media SMART goals using your timeline, KPIs, and percentage improvements for all KPIs.

Periodically review your social media goals. Check that they’re still relevant to your broader marketing efforts.

Last edited by @hesh_fekry 2023-11-14T15:15:37Z

Advice on how to do this would be useful. Do you find out through trial and error or are their statistics on where different audiences engage?

1 Like

This throws up a lot of questions for me. For example, what is a reasonable timescale and how do you define realistic targets? Or even, what should those targets be? Is it about clicks, likes, etc?

Shouldn’t step 6 be done before step 5.

I agree, this playbook could do with some filling out. I added a link to a playbook on picking a social media platform – that might help?

Great questions, and I don’t have much in the way of answers on this one. @hesh_fekry – do we have some good resources?

I don’t think it matters too much, although maybe the steps need to be worded better. They’re basically:

1. Set a timeline.
  2. Pick KPIs.
  3. Choose a % increase for the KPI in your chosen timeline.

What do you think?

I would have a look for some playbooks and blogs on these topics. I am sure i have seen plenty.

We can definitely link to those :slight_smile:

1 Like