Boost brand awareness and increase conversions.
Plan content to match the casual DIY-style content that populates TikTok. The content on TikTok differs greatly from most other popular social media platforms that you may advertise on, and it requires an entirely different approach to resonate with its users.
Advertising functionality is not available on the platform for regular accounts.
Make sure the campaign is engaging, easy to consume, and quick, as TikTok videos are only up to 60 seconds long. These are a few ideas for planning your ad content:
- Take inspiration from the trending topics or challenges that other creators are posting on the app.
- Plan around upcoming events, holidays, or other notable dates.
- Educate your target audience with interesting or unknown facts within your industry.
- Research competitors who are using TikTok in their marketing strategy and gather ideas from their ad content on the platform.
- Create a branded hashtag to add to your post description to help increase brand awareness.
- Run a contest using a branded hashtag for people to share and participate in.
- Sponsor an influencer whose audience aligns with yours.
Note that the availability of these ad types will depend on the advertising objective. The types of advertising formats TikTok offers include:
- In-Feed Video Ads: These videos appear in users’ feeds alongside organic content on the For You page.
- Hashtag Challenge Ads: These appear on the Discovery page and encourage viewers to participate.
- Brand Takeover Ads: These take over a user’s screen for a few seconds immediately upon opening the TikTok app.
- Custom Influencer Package: Appears as sponsored video content produced by an influencer, ideally, one whose audience matches your target audience.
- Branded AR Content: This includes branded lenses or stickers users can add to their own videos.
The Awareness objective includes Reach.
The Consideration objectives include Traffic, App Installs, and Video Views.
The Conversion objective includes Conversion, which allows you to drive viewers to your website through a CTA.
TikTok users tend to be majority Gen Z, some millennials, and Gen X. They favor more casual content and interactions. This means you don’t need to aim for super high-quality productions because the heart of the app is based on casual user-generated content.
Determine a budget for your ad campaign that aligns with your overall advertising budget and allows maximum potential reach for the ad duration.
Set specific daily budgets during the runtime of your ad campaign. Note that the minimum daily budget allowed is $20. Set specific bids per click, conversion, or view, depending on your advertising objective.
Unlike other social media platforms, you do not need to create your content ahead of time with a different tool. To create, follow these steps:
- Create your video.
- Select your background and audio.
- Edit your video.
- Add closed captions to the video to make it accessible.
Add a branded image in the Final Frame field, a still image displayed at the end of your ad with your CTA.
Track and measure the performance of your ad campaigns through TikTok’s insights and reporting features.
Export and automate your reports to deliver to your email on a daily or weekly basis and use this information to determine how successful your ads are at driving conversions. Adjust future campaigns to optimize your ad performance.