Create a sales letter

Business Benefits

Convert prospects into customers.

Before creating the sales letter, summarize the main points that you want to cover.

Think about:

• What are the major benefits of my product, and how will they make my prospect’s life better?
  • What will my prospects’ main objections be?
  • What are my main unique selling points?

This will help you focus your writing around the most important points and help keep your sales letter succinct.

Create a short but engaging headline to capture your reader’s attention.

• Personalize the headline according to your target segment. For example, if you are targeting business owners in London you could use a headline like Find out how this London business is doubling their revenue.
  • Alternatively, use a testimonial as your headline if it’s evocative. For example, ABC Limited grew my business by 300% - Find out how we helped other CEOs grow their business by even more.

Open with a statement or question to demonstrate you understand your prospect’s particular problem or fear.

For example, ask a direct question relevant to the product or service you provide, like Do you feel like you could be getting more out of your sales leads? Or I won’t waste your time; I’m going to help your company make more money and be more competitive. If you have a relationship (even a tenuous one) with your prospect, referencing it can be effective. For example, Hi ((Firstname)) - sorry I missed you at this year’s convention, but I wanted to get in touch because…

Introduce your product or service by highlighting the benefits rather than just the features, to show how it will solve a key problem, issue, or need.

Features are aspects of your product, which could be technical or descriptive. Benefits are why that feature matters for your customers and tells your reader how exactly your product or service will improve their life or solve a problem. For example, Access to our database of 50000 prospects is a feature. Create a ROI positive sales funnel for your business with access to 50000 prospects is a benefit. It’s important to ensure the benefits are all about the customer. Think you get rather than we provide this.

Highlight any additional bonus or special offer to give your prospect a reason why they should act now.

Essentially, you are trying to sweeten the deal. A time-sensitive offer works well, or an offer specific to your target segment. For example, 30% off our gold package this month.

Establish your unique selling point or value justification along with a price - include a demonstrable reason why they should trust you.

For example, With 25 years experience and over 500 happy customers, we are the market leaders. But don’t take our word for it and link to testimonials. You are trying to highlight why they should use you over one of your competitors. Essentially, what sets you apart from the rest and how you represent value. Try to pre-empt, and answer potential objections. A money-back guarantee is an example of this.

• Is your customer service superior?
  • Does your product have features and benefits beyond your competitors?

Create a call to action that includes a sense of urgency and restates the bonus or special offer.

Include clear steps on what they should do next. For example, Buy your product, or Sign up before the end of the month and get your first month free. PLUS! We’ll throw in a free 2-hour consultation. Get in touch now.

In the postscript section, reinforce the benefits from the headline and body copy that the prospect will get from using the product.

Think of this section as your closing headline, your goal is to close off the sales letter. For example, PS. If you’re a small business owner, then we highly recommend taking the next step. We create this product specifically with people like you in mind. We will happily provide references from past clients.

Last edited by @hesh_fekry 2023-11-14T11:30:37Z