Prioritize and communicate your product’s value by turning your positioning into messaging that is relevant to your audience.
Define the What, Who, Why, and How of your product, and its unique attributes and value.
- What is your product, and what space does it play in?
- What is the strategic narrative, context, or story that communicates your why?
- Who is your audience?
- How do you want to be perceived within the competitive landscape?
- What are your product’s unique attributes and value?
Develop your messaging strategy, including business needs, human appeal, promise, relevance, delivery, and insights.
Identify expectations from stakeholders who will need to approve your messaging, like executives, investors, and approvers.
This will help you to establish buy-in for your messaging architecture.
Gather supporting information and background that anyone working on your messaging will need to know.
- Product deep dives.
- Any previous positioning and messaging stances.
- Past learnings about issues to avoid or nuances to be aware of.