Configure Multiexperience personalization in AB Tasty

Business Benefits

Test various personalized campaigns for different segments to improve user experience and conversion

Select Personalization from the top navigation bar, click Create in the top-right corner and then select the Multiexperience Personalization.

1. Provide your experiment’s name, description, and url of the page you want to personalize.
  2. Name your campaign.
  3. Set a description of your personalization campaign based on the following model: If I personalize [this element on my webpage] for [this audience], then it will impact [this behavior] and influence [this goal].
    1. A personalization campaign should always be based on an association between a specific message and a target.
    2. Once you’ve set your goals and have all related information, add it in the description field for each campaign.
  4. Copy the URL of a page you wish to personalize and paste it into the “Sample URL to load in the editor” field.
  5. Click “Save & go to next step” in the bottom right corner.

Ask yourself if your campaign includes overlaps, i.e. if a visitor matches multiple targets from your multi-experience personalized campaign.

For example, you plan to create 2 sales popups on your homepage, one to display a coupon code to your VIP visitors and another to display a coupon code for visitors who have purchased in the past month. You need to know which popup you want to display to a visitor who is both a VIP and who has purchased within the past month. This can be figured out by setting priority on messages where the most important message will get the “Priority 1” tag and would be the one showing in cases such as the VIP player who purchased within the last month. How to set priorities is explained in the steps below.

If your campaign includes overlaps, set a priority. If a visitor matches criteria for multiple variations, they will see only one experience with the highest priority. If a visitor enters only one target, they will only see the experience for which he has been targeted.

Set a description of your personalized campaign based on the following model: If I apply [these changes on my webpage] to [this audience], then [it will impact] and influence [this goal].

Add the hypothesis information into the description field for your test campaign.

In the editor, create a specific message to a specific target for each experience. Then choose the right priority for the right message, i.e. create each experience based on a specific priority.

For instance, have the most important experience or the experience that will be seen first, appear at the top as a priority. Below, see some examples for suitable campaigns:

Turn on action tracking on all clickable elements that are part of your campaign to be able to measure their performance. For instance, clickable elements would include “cross to close the popup” or “CTA in the popup”

Turn on tracking on each experience and use a different name for each. For example, “Click cross popup VIP” and “Click cross popup NYC” would apply for the same action but different targets.

Choose the action trackings you have configured in the editor as primary and secondary goals.

You can also add specific goals such as transaction if your message has a potential impact on purchases or access to a specific page of your website (e.g., pageview goal).

For each experience, use a different segment and/or trigger. But for all experiences, use the same target pages (“Where” section).

For example, you can create a VIP segment for the Priority 1 experience and a Past month purchasers for the Priority 2 experience. All would appear only on the Homepage.

Preferably, allocate 10 to 15% of your traffic on the original version (depending on the amount of traffic on your website).

1. If you allocate 100% of your traffic to the experiences, you won’t be able to know what the increment of each experience is (for example, purchases may remain unknown in this case).
  2. Set up traffic allocations for each experience of your campaign. So, if you have VIPs and Past Month purchasers, that would be two experiences where traffic needs to go.

Refer to the “Support - Using the QA Assistant” to make sure that the modifications appear correctly on all targeted devices and that your action tracking have been configured correctly.

Before launching your campaign to your audience, disable the QA mode.

Last edited by @hesh_fekry 2023-11-14T10:45:52Z