Build SEO for local voice search

Contributors

@brandon-leuangpaseuth @paul-boag

Business Benefits

Drive voice searches to your local business by creating a visible, active online profile and website.

Create web content that includes a SERP (Search Engine Results Page) feature.

A SERP feature is any result on a Google Search Engine Results Page (SERP) that is not a traditional organic result. Common SERP features include:

• Reviews
  • Featured Snippets
  • Local content
  • Knowledge cards
  • Video
  • Shopping results
  • Image packs

Create a Google My Business profile to take advantage of near me voice searches.

Include the business name, address, and phone number with the correct area code, and choose the right category of business.

Use Google Search Console to check your business ranking for local search queries.

Keep your Google My Business listing and social media active by updating them with special deals and news.

This will make your business stand out and ensure Google regularly indexes your site. It may help rankings too.

Use an SEO agency to focus on local keyword searches.

Use a mobile-first approach when creating content and test that your website is mobile-responsive.

Search engines are increasingly favoring sites that are mobile optimized.

Test the crawlability of your website and mobile site.

Take advantage of Google’s mobile accessibility and test the crawlability of your site using their mobile-friendly test.

Reduce the loading time of your webpage.

Voice search requires an immediate result and cannot answer user questions if a page loads too slowly. Search engines also rank sites that load fast better.

Last edited by @hesh_fekry 2023-11-14T11:45:45Z