@jamaicawinshipgmail-com @andreea-macoveiciuc-content-expert @danielisler1gmail-com
Increase tag management efficiency.
Click on Tags > New Button > Tag Configuration to create a Universal Analytics tag and set Track Type to Transaction.
Add this code to the <head> section of your web page, above your container snippet.
All transaction and product data should pass through the data layer with these variables:
- Required Transaction Data:
- Required Product Data: Name, SKU, Price, and Quantity.
Put the ecommerce
dataLayer.push code above the GTM script so that the data layer is ready when GTM fires the GA tag.
- Add the code at the bottom of the GTM container on a Thank you page.
- Activate the code on a page that’s not reloaded after a successful purchase.
dataLayer.push() with minimum required ecommerce object for purchase looks like this:
- Enable Wait for Tags.
- Disable Check Validation.
- Select Some Clicks from This trigger fires on*.*
Click on Click URL > Ends With > input the data layer code and then save so that the tag fires on the page with your data layer.
- Enable Debug and Preview Mode**.
- Open the page you’re tracking.
- Complete a purchase.
Check product performance, shopping behavior, and checkout behavior. This gives you insights into all ecommerce events happening on your site.