Collaborate in using your web analytics data and control the access level of the new user.
Check that the person you want to add has a Google account associated with the email address you’ll use in setting up their access.
If the new user doesn’t have a Google account, they’ll need to create it before you can grant access. A Google account can be created based on any existing email address, no need to create new email accounts.
Click on Admin on the side navigation bar and choose the type of access that you want the new user to have.
You can add new users on the account, property or view level:
- Use the Account column if you want to grant access to all data and reports for all websites on your Analytics account. This is the highest level of access you can give.
- Use the Property column if you want to grant access to all the reports for a specific website. This is the middle tier of access.
- Use the View column if you want to grant access to a specific report for a specific website. This is the lowest level of access, and the most restricted.
For example, in the Account column, this option is named Account User Management.
If you want Google Analytics to automatically send a message to the user about the granted access, check notify users by email.
- Tick Read & Analyze If you want your users to view information but not create or edit assets. The assets they can view, including reports, website information, and goals, will depend on the access type you chose earlier. A person with this access level would typically be a Google Analytics data consumer like a marketing specialist or UX designer.
- Tick Edit If you want your new user to view, create, and edit your Google Analytics properties. Depending on the access type you chose earlier, this could allow the user to set up goals, create filters, and create new views or properties. A person with this access level would typically be a person responsible for the Google Analytics setup, like a web analytics specialist, BI specialist, or web developer responsible for implementing Google Analytics.
- Tick Manage Users if you want your new user to manage other users’ accounts and permissions. A person with this access level would typically be a team manager or IT admin specialist.