Write a B2B case study

Contributors

@lindytolbertsgmail-com @andreea-macoveiciuc-content-expert

Business Benefits

Highlight your accomplishments and build social proof with case studies.

Choose a success story from among your clients.

Ideally choose a client with whom you’ve had the most success, but if you want to focus on a particular aspect of your business, you can choose a client who is relevant. Consider the one thing you did best for each client, and focus on that.

Ask questions such as what was the initial problem or goal, why you were chosen for the project, and what were the outcomes.

Send your questions to a few people in different departments as they may each have a unique perspective.

Speak to a specific customer persona with each case study.

Pay attention to readability - for example, use boxes, bullets or other design elements to make it eye catching and easy to digest.

Write in clear layman’s terms not technical jargon, unless your audience speaks like that. Keep it simple, no padding or fluff.

Write your case study using a structure of problem, solution and results, and include a customer quote with photo if possible.

For example, introduce your client, identify their issue, explain the plan of action you took, and present the results using data and facts. The more measurable the results, the better. For example, "we increased downloads/user retention/sign-ups/followers by x% in this amount of time”.

Present data in numbers. The details you provide will make your case study stand out from a testimonial.

If you lack data or prefer another approach, you might want to conduct a Q&A with your client. Both methods work best with quotes.

Promote your case study in channels where your audience is likely to be present.

Don’t share it only on your social media pages. To reach a wider audience, look for groups and communities where the users that you want to attract are hanging out, and share some insights there. If the community rules allow it, provide a link to the full case studies for those interested in reading more.

Last edited by @hesh_fekry 2023-11-14T11:25:37Z

It would be great if you could provide some concrete examples

1 Like

Hi @ayman welcome to the community.

Thank you for leaving feedback on this playbook. I do think adding some examples here would be helpful for our users.

I had a quick look in our resources and found this Blog on B2B case studies by Tamsin henderson and it goes through some examples of do’s and dont’s

There is also a blog writing out 6 CRO case studies that might be helpful.

Let me know if these examples where helpful and i can edit them into the playbook for a better experience

Is this the sort of thing you where after?

2 Likes