5. Identify a strong human insight

Business Benefits

Build more effective ad creatives across all marketing channels.

Create a 1-2 sentence description of your target audience, including key information such as their age, gender, location, interests, values, and life stage like recently married.

For example, if you marketed a productivity-enhancing music-streaming service like Focus@Will, then your target audience might be 70% male, 25 to 45 years old, creative workers who value deep work.

Identify the three most common situations when your product or service is helpful in solving a specific problem for your audience.

Continuing with the example above, a productivity-enhancing music-streaming service can be used in multiple situations throughout our day but is most ideal when working.

Add a specific frustration for every situation you described.

For example, My regular Spotify playlists distract me from working. (frustration, situation).

Add a specific desire to every situation you described.

For example, My regular Spotify playlists distract me from working. I wish I could stay focused for many hours at a time. (frustration, situation, desire)

Combine the audience description, situation, frustration, and desire into two rows of text.

For example:

• Audience: 70% male, 25 to 45y of age, a creative worker who values deep work.
  • Insight: My regular Spotify playlists distract me from working. I wish I could stay focused for many hours at a time.

Follow the same process with each of your important audience segments if you have more than one.

This process does not guarantee you will land on a good strong insight, but it significantly increases your chances. Remember the growth potential aspect of an insight. You will often need to test the insight in a real campaign to evaluate the potential to grow the brand.

Last edited by @hesh_fekry 2023-11-14T15:10:40Z